THE AMBASSADORS THEATRE
West End, Greater London WC2H 9ND
Opened 5 Jun 1913. The Mousetrap opened here on 25 Nov 52 (a palindromic date - 25/11/52) and later transferred to St Martin's (Mar74). 460 seats. From 1996 for a couple of years this theatre housed the Royal Court Upstairs while their Sloane Square theatre was refurbished. After refurbishment it was re-opened as the New Ambassadors. An ATG member. Society of London Theatre member. Following acquirition by Sir Stephen Waley-Cohen in April 2007 the theatre name reverted to The Ambassadors. Taken over by Delfont Mackintosh in 2014 - to be renamed The Sondheim Theatre.